2.1: What are Content Rich Websites and Why Have One?
Content rich websites are websites that have lots of informative articles up at it, usually centered around a theme. Most sites can’t quite pull off being WikiPedia, so they specialize. For instance, you could do a site for dog owners. Possible articles on that site would cover:
• How to figure out what kind of dog you want
• Where to get a dog
• How to deal with a puppy
• Life stages of a dog
• House-training puppies
• Dog training
• What to feed dogs
• Whether to get more than one dog
• How to socialize dogs with other dogs and with cats
• Exercise needs of dogs
• Training dogs to do tricks
• Treating fleas
• Common dog ailments and when to go to the vet
• Dog nutrition
• Taking your dog on a trip
• Getting a pet sitter or boarding your dog if you don’t take him on a trip
The 5 Most Important Things You Must Know About AdSense
By Joel Comm
Whether you're just starting out with AdSense or whether you've been using it for years, the success of your ads will depend on knowing five absolutely essential pieces of information about AdSense:
1. AdSense Can Make You A Huge Heap Of Cash Lots of people make the mistake of believing that AdSense is only good for bringing a site a few extra pennies a month. Wrong! AdSense can fund your lifestyle - if you get it right.
2. Junk Sites Get Junk Income But just because it's possible for a site to make a lot of money with AdSense, it doesn't mean that any site can make a lot of money with AdSense. Your site must have good content that can attract users on its own merit. There are a lot of different strategies available for producing good content for your site. You'll need to use them if you want to create the sort of site that makes real money.
3. Your Choice Of Ads Matter One of the first things that you'll have to do when you join AdSense is to pick the types of ads you want to display. Success relies on following certain principles that encourage users to click and persuades them that they've got a reason to do so. You'll need to know those principles.
4. You Can Influence The Ads You Receive! Here's a little known AdSense secret: you do have some control over the ads that get served on your site. That control isn't unlimited - but it is worth exercising. It's also a little complicated but it's got a lot do with keyword hotspots located in each Web page. (I explain it all in my book, Google AdSense Secrets.) That's definitely something you need to know!
5. Your Stats Are Your Best Friend The stats you get with your AdSense account might look complicated and well, a bit dull... but they're packed with useful information that can have a massive effect on your revenues. To make real money with AdSense, you need to know what your stats are telling, what they're not telling you and where you can find out more.
There's a lot you need to know to make serious money with AdSense. If you're missing that information, you're just throwing money away.
For more Google AdSense tips, visit.... AdSense Secrets Copyright © 2005 Joel Comm. All rights reserved
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Joel Comm is Dr. AdSense, an Internet entrepreneur who has been online for more than 20 years. Joel is co-creator of ClassicGames.com, now known as Yahoo! Games and is the author of the web's best-selling AdSense ebook, "Google AdSense Secrets (Or What Google Never Told You About Making Money With Adsense)".
The articles you’ll want to have on your site should be short enough so that someone can read them in about 5 minutes. This means you want to stick to articles of 250 to 750 words, with 300 to 600 words optimal. To give you an idea, a single page in a published novel has about 300 words.
Of course, your real purpose in putting up all these nice little short articles and changing them out frequently is not to just put information out into the world. It is to have a site that people will come back to so that they will see the Google AdSense ads, and click on them, and then you will get checks in the mail.
That’s a key point, so I’m going to repeat it:
The purpose of having a content-rich website is to attract people to it, again and again, so that they will see the ads and click on them.
You might think it’s lots of cool graphics and colors that make a site attractive to a visitor, but it’s really the content. In order to make money from Google AdSense, you need to grasp that concept. Believe me, you could run a wonderful advertising campaign and develop all sorts of viral marketing tools and attractive affiliate programs.
But unless your Website is content-rich, the traffic spikes that you get for your efforts will only be temporary. The very best way to attract and retain an online audience is to provide content that’s useful, valuable, informative, educational or just downright funny as hell or entertaining in some way.
What does a content-rich website look like? This website is a good example.
Please stay updated on the newest and best Free Money programs. Subscribe to the extra-income-ideas newsletter.